Tuesday, April 19, 2011

God in the Yard Week 6 Part 2 B

The same prompt stirred me again so I wrote on it again. What came out this time was different.
The prompt

"The thought of coming unprotected to God, as if to a Lover or Beloved makes me feel..."

Wanted - Drawn to the Source.

I know He wants me - as I am - no pretense, no games, no walking on eggshells, or doing whatever exactly how He wants it. There is no expectation of perfection because He knows all my weaknesses. There are no demands to make me perform because He knows and loves the truth of me.

Any "righteous acts" on my part only serve as barriers between He and I. He just wants me. To be. With Him.

Entangled in His embrace I become free to sprout, grow and bestow the Fruit of His Spirit. Our union births righteousness, peace and joy.

Others are changed by our connection - drawn to Him in me - they long for this union themselves. And then they come - embracing the Lover of my soul as their own.

Because He is all to me and all to them there is no  betrayal, no lack, no confusion of significance. It is Divine Intimacy - shared.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I love that you are going deep into this. I'm still turning it all around in my mind also. But this: He wants me as I am. Yes. This is a truth I need to embrace. Lovely, Jennifer.

singingpaint said...

"I know He wants me - as I am - no pretense, no games, no walking on eggshells, or doing whatever exactly how He wants it." What freedom He offers. Why do I make it more? Another thank you for that reminder.

Who am I?

My photo
I have been married to my best friend for over 29 years and our children are 16, 15 and 12 years old. I have struggled with infertility, suffered the loss of a baby by miscarriage, and endured multiple career paths. I have experienced a crisis of faith that shook me to the core and lost dear friends to tragic death. I have a personal relationship with Jesus which is essential to surviving and even thriving in my circumstances. I hope you will be blessed by my heart and words. Thank you for being here..