Well, I missed Friday, but since it's Saturday, I am going to say close enough!
My friend Kira at Kissing the Joy as it Flies inspired me to get this blog written. I have been in a "BLOGJAM" for weeks... I have several floating around but none seem to find their way to the computer.
- My 3 yr old has now moved on to explaining in very meticulous detail why I am a bad mommy for not letting him do whatever he wants. I have had to move past the "time out" consequence to something a little more impactful. I must admit though, I am moderately amused by his ability to articulate his distress and sometimes I let him finish expressing himself just to see where he ends up. Often, "I love you Mommy!" is the final thing that comes out of his mouth. I think he is pretty sure that will reduce the consequence portion of our "moment" together, but it doesn't. It never really has. But, he keeps trying.
- I have had a migraine and tension headache combo for 5 days now. My patience is short and my dish pile is high.
- I'm holding down the home front while my Love labors elsewhere
- I am tracking my calories and trying to workout. I did have to leave spin class before I puked or fell off earlier this week. But I did manage to swim 700yards yesterday - I just needed to MOVE!
- We made it through our parent teacher conferences (so glad my fellas have great teachers, I know their job isn't easy)
- I had to miss ministry commitments
- I am trying to keep up on the house (except the dishes ;)
- I keep beating myself up. A lot. About how I am not doing enough for my kids, how I should be training them better about life, about how I am only mediocre at many things but should be excellent, etc. I can't seem to shake it off sometimes.
- I watched an info-mercial about a product I already have and thought, "hey, I should do that"... duh.
- I love the snow.
- I hate when people complain about the weather. Seriously. BE THANKFUL for WHATEVER comes! NOW!
- I am not expecting a thousand comments telling me I am a good mom. I just have to keep it real here.
- I am worried I won't make my goal weight for my last weight loss challenge. I am SO close, but stress, and not eating it (which is what I usually do) is really messing with me!!!!!!!
- In keeping with the above comment about BE THANKFUL --- Here they are!
I AM THANKFUL FOR:
|Bedtime, sleeping cherubs are soooo very amazing!|
|Silly faces and pretending you don't need your sleeves.|
|Snowball fights with the trailer and the side of the house.|
|Ohhh, I just love him. Our marriage isn't easy, but it's worth it.|
|A carpet of glorious leaves. A birdhouse gift over 10 years old that still blesses me - every day.|
|Getting to fall in love - every single day.|
Life is hard sometimes. And I may not always have the best attitude. But really, at the end of the day, I am thankful. So very thankful.