Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Moving on...

My last entry was rich with raw feelings and pain. This one is from the other side of that relationship...

"Let it go" What does that mean exactly? MOVE ON... don't get stuck there!

I almost hear the Lord's gentle, kind way of delivering that message to me. There will always be pain in our relationships because we all sin. I am here to tell you today that just because there is pain it doesn't mean it's a bad relationship.

Yes, some relationships are just  bad. They take. They cut. They never give. You KNOW when you are in one of those and if you haven't prayed and asked the Lord for a way of escape I encourage you to do so.

However, a hard relationship is different. The pain is used to accomplish God's will for us to lean on Him, press into Him, practice what He has already done for us in forgiveness, grace and love and this makes us GROW! Marriage is a hard relationship. It is so DAILY. Parenting is that way too. So are some friendships. They seem to always cost you more, but sometimes they give back lots. Or sometimes God just tells you to hang in there because He ordained the relationship and He has something for you from them (even if it doesn't seem like it for days or years) and they need something from you.

Hard relationships are also the most rewarding when you allow the pain to cause growth and change

I would have been robbed of some very special moments if I didn't implement God's gifts of forgiveness, grace and love in those painful relationships. And so would they.

So reach out of what is comfortable - embrace the pain and allow God to grow you into someone more like Him - Forgiving - Loving - and Gracious! I know I am working on that!!

No comments:

Who am I?

My photo
I have been married to my best friend for over 29 years and our children are 16, 15 and 12 years old. I have struggled with infertility, suffered the loss of a baby by miscarriage, and endured multiple career paths. I have experienced a crisis of faith that shook me to the core and lost dear friends to tragic death. I have a personal relationship with Jesus which is essential to surviving and even thriving in my circumstances. I hope you will be blessed by my heart and words. Thank you for being here..