Friday, September 5, 2014

Journey from Panic to Peace




I haven't written with Five Minute Friday for several weeks, but today, this word has me up at 4am.

The word prompt is WHISPER - and other than the nudge to get me out of bed at this hour to write, I heard something so clear yesterday, I must share...

My heart and mind were racing, flashbacks of past years challenges, trials, and traumas resurfacing in a matter of hours.

"Are we really going to do this?! Again?!"

As I launched my question to the vast expanse of sky, I felt angry and disillusioned. The kids have only been in school for a few days, I've been at my new job for a few weeks, as a family we've been in yet another transition for a few months, the heartbreak and healing of the past few years and now... this.

I took the scenic route in my mind wandering through the past - most recent - events and felt the peace flood me. He was reminding me of the vast provision that has covered us all this time. The healing that has taken place. How different I am. How different we are as a family. How BIG He is.

Then I heard it, the WHISPER,

"Yes, WE are. YOU are different. I AM the same."


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am new to your blog. Found you on Five Minute Friday. I have been blessed by your transparency. Seeking God in the middle of the night...in the dark places is where we face the ugly. But He doesn't leave us in the night. Morning is coming, sweet sister. In Him! Jennifer

Melissa said...

Amen. Thank God that He never changes! Sometimes I feel as though nothing in my life is constant. Yet I know--even if I don't feel it at the moment--that He is unchanging and always with me.

Who am I?

My photo
I have been married to my best friend for over 29 years and our children are 16, 15 and 12 years old. I have struggled with infertility, suffered the loss of a baby by miscarriage, and endured multiple career paths. I have experienced a crisis of faith that shook me to the core and lost dear friends to tragic death. I have a personal relationship with Jesus which is essential to surviving and even thriving in my circumstances. I hope you will be blessed by my heart and words. Thank you for being here..