Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Finish

When I finish something it's like a miracle come true. An epic event that is so rare there is never a camera around to capture the moment!

I rarely finish anything... That's what it FEELS like.

If I really look around and consider all I've been called to do in my life thus far, I realize that the assignments God's given me RARELY include a finish line. They are more about someone else's finish line.

The time when I come alongside a stranger in a parking lot and pray with her, when I carry a burden for someone's marathon-like journey, or simply get the dishes done at bedtime only to have my treasures surface and get them dirty again.
Unfinished Tasks


Projects I've finished
















If I stacked up my value next to the projects I actually finished I'd be found quite short next to the Empire State Building of "Unfinished Tasks".

But my value is not dependent on the tasks I complete or even what I start. It is in the eyes of the One who has set the course for my journey.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm always a little late to Five Minute Friday as well... if I make it at all! :)

There are a few good words in your five minutes! I love the reminder that there is rarely a finish line. It reminds me that the finish line is heaven!!

Who am I?

My photo
I have been married to my best friend for over 29 years and our children are 16, 15 and 12 years old. I have struggled with infertility, suffered the loss of a baby by miscarriage, and endured multiple career paths. I have experienced a crisis of faith that shook me to the core and lost dear friends to tragic death. I have a personal relationship with Jesus which is essential to surviving and even thriving in my circumstances. I hope you will be blessed by my heart and words. Thank you for being here..