Friday, March 15, 2013

FIVE MINUTE FRIDAY - REST

Five Minute Friday time again with Lisa Jo Baker


REST

Rest is about perspective. If I am trying to figure everything out, plan too far ahead, make arrangements for things that might happen… there is no rest.

But, if I see things through Father’s eyes, I rest. He knows what to do. His vision is 20/20 in every direction. The One who knows the end from the beginning and the beginning from the end wants me to rest.

Resting isn't necessarily sofa surfing or bed bound, but peacefully pursuing His heart for the day – the small or big people He puts in my path, the tasks that bless my home and family, the words that speak wisdom and grace with the tenacity of a warrior who knows victory is on the other side of the current battle.

I see today through His eyes, His vision, His design in me, moving forward in the way He’s called me to go, busy with the relationships, tasks and challenges while I rest.
 
 

No comments:

Who am I?

My photo
I have been married to my best friend for over 29 years and our children are 16, 15 and 12 years old. I have struggled with infertility, suffered the loss of a baby by miscarriage, and endured multiple career paths. I have experienced a crisis of faith that shook me to the core and lost dear friends to tragic death. I have a personal relationship with Jesus which is essential to surviving and even thriving in my circumstances. I hope you will be blessed by my heart and words. Thank you for being here..