Tuesday, March 15, 2011

God in the Yard - Week 4 - Part 2 - Why I love Easter

The statement I am responding to is: "My favorite celebration is... "

EASTER!

It represents to me the end of death and the beginning of life.

Also, I have fond memories of family times at Easter. Lots of them. We often had my grandparents come to our home in Southern California for Easter. It was the perfect time of year for them to leave the cold grayness of the Pacific Northwest winter and come to warmer and sunnier Cali. One of my favorite memories is my mom used to hide REAL decorated eggs at Easter. She would often forget where she hid one or two and it would be months before we found them... they got a little funky after a while, that is for sure. It still makes me giggle to think about it. Back then I had no idea what being a mom looked like, now, with three of my own I totally get how she could forget where she put a few eggs!

I always love going to church on Easter. The hymns, the lilys, the feeling of celebration in the air, and... Easter happens on the inside of me every year. I am not sure when it started, but for as far as I can remember, I am very aware of Ash Wednesday (the beginning of Lent ). I spend the 40 days leading up to Easter reflecting and contemplating the meaning of Easter . I ask God where in my life He wants to bring new life, His Resurrection life in my heart and mind.

It is a sacred time for me to celebrate intimately with Him, His gift of Life to me.

No comments:

Who am I?

My photo
I have been married to my best friend for over 29 years and our children are 16, 15 and 12 years old. I have struggled with infertility, suffered the loss of a baby by miscarriage, and endured multiple career paths. I have experienced a crisis of faith that shook me to the core and lost dear friends to tragic death. I have a personal relationship with Jesus which is essential to surviving and even thriving in my circumstances. I hope you will be blessed by my heart and words. Thank you for being here..