Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The journey begins today...

Today I am starting a major life change and knew I would never make it if I didn't journal it where others could walk through it with me. My writing is my expression and it gets pretty real. So don't say I didn't warn you!

Today I started a weight loss plan and a new business. I am convinced that this is God's timing to deal with an issue (my weight and food in general) in my life that is an old friend, comfort, and reward. I have been cranky, but I am not sure if it is the lack of calories or the lack of dependence on the familiar. Probably both. My close friends are cheering me on, my husband is waiting to see results before he gets too excited, and I know that my God is looking on with delight at my submission to His current plan for me.

I will post some entries from my journal today as well. I am trying to focus on life as an adventure and not as a crisis to be managed. Let's face it, sometimes there is a crisis to be managed, hopefully not daily, but sometimes, like in my raising 3 little busy boys, crisis is a mindset that can easily make you feel victimized by your circumstances instead of laughing at the antics of your little people.

So, off with the victim mentality that makes me feel hopeless and helpless and on with the power of a living God breathing life, humor, and hopefully providing an extra large package of wipes to clean up the messes my little guys create.

No comments:

Who am I?

My photo
I have been married to my best friend for over 29 years and our children are 16, 15 and 12 years old. I have struggled with infertility, suffered the loss of a baby by miscarriage, and endured multiple career paths. I have experienced a crisis of faith that shook me to the core and lost dear friends to tragic death. I have a personal relationship with Jesus which is essential to surviving and even thriving in my circumstances. I hope you will be blessed by my heart and words. Thank you for being here..