Monday, October 4, 2010

My Homework from "Lord, I want to know you" study by Kay Arthur

This weeks homework - every time I sat down to answer a question, it came out in a poem! It was so strange. I don't write a lot of poetry, but this just seemed to flow out of me... so I thought I would share:


For my Elohim (God my Creator)

Let all of us declare the glory of Your name!
Your infinite design transcends all fame.
Unending creativity inspired Creation
How we celebrate Your astounding provision!

I’m revealing Your glory through
My thoughts, words and motions
My evident desire to display You
Completely in all my interactions.

I ask for Your Light to shine
Declaring to all that I am Thine
In this day and all that come
May all Your sovereign Will be done.

Your Will revealed declares my best
Within Your presence I choose to rest.
Not striving or in pursuit
But walking, thriving, believing, it.

I commit my all to You
Obeying your Word in what I do
Meditating, Your thoughts exchanged for mine
My flesh submits to being refined.

My purpose revealed each day I dance
Intertwined with You in divine romance.


1 comment:

Amy said...

I love this poem you wrote! It is absolutely beautiful and so touching and so worshipful! Thank you for sharing this.

Who am I?

My photo
I have been married to my best friend for over 29 years and our children are 16, 15 and 12 years old. I have struggled with infertility, suffered the loss of a baby by miscarriage, and endured multiple career paths. I have experienced a crisis of faith that shook me to the core and lost dear friends to tragic death. I have a personal relationship with Jesus which is essential to surviving and even thriving in my circumstances. I hope you will be blessed by my heart and words. Thank you for being here..