Sunday, April 15, 2012

Tucked In to God

Romance draws me to You
I want to climb in to Your presence
And never, ever leave.

But I do.

Leaning on my own abilities and understanding
I move ahead of You
Thinking I know what You want from me.

But I don't.

All you want is me.
Weak me, strong me, angry me
Tired me, happy me, lost me.

But I wonder.

How can I be or do enough?
I can't be good enough or give enough, ever.
I can only be complete in You.

I need You.

More intimate than any lover
The depth of You touches me
Enveloping me in Your peace
Refreshing me with Your joy.

I receive You.

Teach me to speak and live
This love affair of ours.
Pouring out Your passion for all
Is how I declare:

I love You!

No comments:

Who am I?

My photo
I have been married to my best friend for over 29 years and our children are 16, 15 and 12 years old. I have struggled with infertility, suffered the loss of a baby by miscarriage, and endured multiple career paths. I have experienced a crisis of faith that shook me to the core and lost dear friends to tragic death. I have a personal relationship with Jesus which is essential to surviving and even thriving in my circumstances. I hope you will be blessed by my heart and words. Thank you for being here..